I love the film Lost in Translation. I feel so much for the character Charlotte. She isn't just lost in a new city. She is lost in a mental transit — hardly knowing what she is supposed to be doing with her life. I totally get that.
She tries knitting, writing, taking photos, listening to a self help tape. Exploring blindly, almost stumbling into situations. Nothing more literal for this stumbling than when she actually stubbed her toe.
|I love this paper cherry blossom decoration. How do I make one?|
What am I reading?
I pulled out an oldie from my book collection and am rereading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, written by John Berendt.
What music am I listening to?
- Happy Up Here — Röyksopp
- We Used to be Friends — The Dandy Warhols
- Boys of Summer — Don Henley
- Bette Davis Eyes — Kim Carnes
- Crimson and Clover — Tommy James and the Shondells
- Summer Breeze — Seals and Croft