The rain is pouring down on a Saturday afternoon. The cat is in a mood. The kids are bored. You're at your wits end. What can you possibly do to satisfy the family?
I can't speak for the cat, but following are a few ideas for the kids entertaining themselves that doesn't involve television and computer games.
- Make a newspaper/magazine.
- Draw a treasure map.
- Paddle pop stick puppets.
- Create a board game.
- Be a fashion designer for the day — draw a clothing range.
- Design a dream doll house.
- Construct a doll house out of tissue boxes.
- Paper doll making.
- Felt badge making.
- Fabric and straw ‘flower’ necklace making.
- Playing dress ups.
- Building an indoor cubby out of old bed sheets.
- Get everyone into the kitchen and bake a cake.
These are just a few ideas from top of my head. What other rainy day activities can you think of? Lets continue this list. Leave a message in the comments section. You can even link to a craft project that you have done or blogged about before.