What do you need to make this necklace?
- embroidery needle
- knitting yarn
- 6 drink straws
- scrap fabric
- flower pattern
|Bits and Pieces|
- Cut the straws into smaller pieces, averaging 4 smaller pieces per straw.
- Draw out a basic flower pattern and trace outline many times over on to colourful scrap fabric. Cut out the fabric pieces.
- Thread the yarn onto the needle.
- Begin feeding the straws and fabric flowers onto the needle/yarn. [The pattern I followed was ‘two straws-one flower’ et cetera.]
- Make the necklace any length you wish. [I of course only used 12 flowers, which was more than sufficient for this project.]
- Tie together the two ends of the yarn with a double knot and you have a finished necklace.