|Illustration by Melissa Gaggiano.|
Stir Fried Snow Peas
- 250 g snow peas
- 1 tbs sesame seed oil
- 1 tbs finely chopped garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
1. Heat oil in a preheated wok [or fry pan], on medium high.
2. Add garlic and stir fry until scented.
3. Throw in snow peas and salt. Stir-fry for no more than 2 minutes.
Chicken Satay Stir Fry
- Peanut oil
- 4 chopped chillies
- 6 garlic cloves crushed
- 1-2 tbs dark roasted curry powder
- Light and dark soy sauce
- ½ lemon [grate the skin for zest and squeeze the juice]
- 2 chicken fillets diced
- 5 large tbs peanut butter
- Optional: Add a garnish of chopped coriander and spring onions. Yum!
2. Stir-fry chilli, garlic and onion. Do this until the onion is golden brown.
3. Stir in chicken until sealed.
4. Add big splashes of soy sauce.
5. Add peanut butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and curry powder. Stir everything together until it is a nice consistency.
Note: Serve with a side of your favourite rice. At the moment I am partial to basmati rice.