|Melissa Gaggiano doll design|
This is a good project for people who want to make a doll but aren't confident sewers.
- Scrap fabric
- Iron on transfer paper
- Print out the reverse illustration onto iron on transfer paper.
- Set up iron, press paper illustration to fabric applying instructions that come with transfer paper.
- Cut out front and back fabric pattern pieces along broken line.
- Pin the front and back pattern pieces together and sew around outline, with a 5 MM seam allowance. Keep an opening at top of the head.
- Take your scissors and make little snips around the outer edge [curves and corners]. Careful not to cut the seam lines you have just sewn.
- Turn the doll inside out [this is why we keep an opening in the head].
- Stuff the doll with filler [you know the fluffy stuff].
- Sew the head shut either with sewing machine or by hand.
- Now play with your doll or put it in your pocket.